Jaffe took to Twitter to announce that Bartlet Jones had to make a significant cut to staff at the San Francisco company’s gaming division. This was caused, at least in part, by an unexpected project cancellation.
In a Tweet he stated:
‘Wanted y’all2hear it from me before anyone else:we’ve had a project canceled and have been forced2lay off the vast majority of the Bartlet Jones staff gaming division. More news2come but for now, that’s what’s up.Heart’s breaking4the amazingly talented crew that’s out of work :(.’
Last year Bartlet Jones released the sketchbook inspired shooter, Drawn To Death, straight onto PS Plus making the game a console exclusive. It, unfortunately, wasn’t well received, gaining only a metacritic score of 56.
It’s always shitty to see smaller studios have to lay off workers, especially when they are mid-project. Let’s hope that Jaffe can make this step back as a way to rocket to new heights. Thoughts on this unfortunate event? Let us know in the comments below.
- David Jaffe’s Studio Closes Down
- Rare Announces Sea of Thieves Treasure Hunt; A Pair of Golden Bananas Valued at £80,000 as Prize
- Warcraft Movie Production Was A ‘Political Minefield’
- Defamation of Tiny Metal Producer Cleared Up
- Hideo Kojima Name Inside and Framed 2 as Inspirations for Death Stranding