While the internet is pretty divided on the Metal Gear Survive spin-off the Metal Gear series, there exist a small group of newcomers (myself included) who are actually pretty pumped to play this game – and now it seems we’ll get a chance to try it before its release.
Metal Gear Survive’s beta will run from January 18-21 on both PS4 and Xbox One, there’s no mention of a PC beta test, although the game has been confirmed to be coming to that platform. According to Konami, it will provide an opportunity “to jump into co-op mode to build, defend, and fight alongside friends online.” No further specifics on what’s included were shared.
If you do happen to participate in the beta test, will receive a couple bonus items in the full game. The items are a FOXHOUND name plate, a Metal Gear REX head accessory, and a bandana. Hey, it ain’t much of an incentive but it’s still something.
Alongside the news of the Beta, Konami also shared a video of what to expect from the single-player section of the title, you can see this new trailer for the game for yourself below. It also has commentary by the game’s producer, Yuji Korekado.
- Metal Gear Survive Open Beta Available Now On Xbox One
- Metal Gear Survive To Get Another Open Beta
- Metal Gear Survive Download Size Revealed
- Metal Gear Survive Has A Hidden Message Hinting Towards Kojima Productions
- ‘Metal Gear Survive’ Forces You To Pay $10 For An Additional Save Slot