Sony has just hit a new milestone in Japan. According to Media Create we now have news that the entertainment company has sold a total of 6 million PS4 units. The PlayStation 4 sold 43,808 units for the week ending January 14 to bring its lifetime sales to 6,027,894 units.
It’s a considerably good number due to the weaker Japanese console market, as well as the degree of control Nintendo has over the Market there. With the upcomign release of Monster Hunter World, we shoudl see the sales bump up slightly, even if it’s only for the short term. Regardless, it’s good to see that Sony is still holding it’s ground, even after it’s weak launch.
In other Sony news, Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding development pace is ‘surpising’ sony. Read more about it, here.
‘Hideo Kojima was recently featured in an interview with Dengeki PlayStation magazine where he discussed Death Stranding’s development progression and how everything is moving so fast. He mentioned Sony’s excitement and surprise at how fast-paced development is going at Kojima Productions.’
Still considering picking up a PS4? Let us know in the comments below.
- Hideo Kojima Gives Death Stranding Development Status Update; Development Pace is Surprising Sony
- Hideo Kojima Name Inside and Framed 2 as Inspirations for Death Stranding
- Hideo Kojima Has A Surprise Announcement For Death Stranding In 2018
- Death Stranding’s Concept Is “So Mind-Blowing” and “Ahead of Its Time,” Says Norman Reedus
- Metal Gear Survive Allegedly Sold 103,651 Units First Week at Retail