In celebration of Sonic’s 25 Anniversary, SEGA put together the brightest bunch of ROM hackers to create Sonic Mania – a remake of the original Sonic game, except with a couple extra functions as well as a release on all current-gen platforms.
Since its release in August on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One, Sonic Mania sales have topped one million. Without a physical release, Sonic Mania sales reaching over 1 million for a digital-only title is very impressive. As of result of the game’s succss fans can expect A new version of Sonic Mania, dubbed the ever imaginative Sonic Mania Plus – which will be released in mid-2018 for PS4, Switch and Xbox One.
Sonic Mania Plus is set to include the following extra content;
- Mighty the Armadillo playable character
- Ray the Flying Squirrel playable character
- Encore Mode featuring remixed levels
- Four-player competitive mode
- Additional cutscenes
- Recreation of the final boss from Knuckles’ Chaotix
- 32-page art book – part of the physical version
- Sonic Mania Plus Release Date Revealed
- Modder Seamlessly Stitches Sonic Into Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Switch is selling well, but Nintendo thinks it can sell even better
- ‘Mario Kart 8’ Reportedly Coming To Nintendo Switch With Tons Of New Content
- Super Meat Boy To Release On Switch In Two Weeks