Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden was recently confirmed not to be a third or first-person shooter as some would expect – but rather a strategic action title similar to the like of XCOM and XCOM 2. While we’ve already had a brief introduction as to what we can expect from the game’s setting (and the characters) we don’t really know what else makes this game stand out from the crowd.
Gamereactor recently spoke to Matt Parker – the game’s producer – to get a little bit of info on what we can expect from this title.
“The seamless switch between real-time and tactical is something that other games haven’t been offering yet, so that’s a big difference,” he responded. “And of course the world, and the interesting characters that we have.”
When asked about the weaponry, here’s what Parker had to say:
“Well there’s lots of different weapons, but they’re all made up of scrap items. In the world of Mutant they recycle stuff quite a lot, because they find things and then they build weapons out of them, so you get a lot of scrap weapons with interesting names and backgrounds. You get grenades, you get shotguns, you get rocket launchers, you get crossbows – there’s lots of different weapons.”
Mutant Zero will release sometime this year.
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden scores – our roundup of the critics
- XCOM 2 To Get An Xbox One X Enhancement Patch
- Mutant Year Zero has a release date and the best pig-based trailer since Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Overwatch To Get “A Ton of New Content” According To Jeff Kaplan
- Funcom Announces Exotic Tactics Adventure Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden