Tomb Raider has sold a whopping 11 million copies in total, since its launch in 2013. Speaking to GamesIndustry, Square Enix revealed the statistics and while the publisher didn’t give an inclination as to which platform constituted the most sales, SteamSpy’s data reveals that almost half of them are coming from the PC.
Square Enix has also revealed that the more recent title, Rise of the Tomb Raider has shipped almost 7 million units – it should be noted that shipped units doesn’t mean the amount sold, rather the amount that has been moved from production to retailers.
According to SteamSpy, Rise of the Tomb Raider has sold 2 million copies on PC. In other words, the PC stands for 29% of the game’s shifted unit.
Considering Rise of The Tomb Raider released only on current generation consoles, and Tomb Raider released on both previous and current generation consoles (and released before Rise of The Tomb Raider) its no wonder we see stronger statistics for the later. Considering how well the game has critically performed so far, we may see the number jump before the next release.
- Square Enix Tantalises Tomb Raider Fans With Suspiciously Worded Post
- Square Enix Officially Announces ‘Shadow Of The Tomb Raider’
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Teaser Trailer, Release Leaked
- Tomb Raider Trilogy Remaster Chucked in
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Confirmed at Last