If you are one that often switches between PC and Xbox One gaming – then this might be some good news for you. Microsoft will be adding a little bit of discord functionality to the Xbox One. Discord users will now be able to see if you are playing Xbox One (similar to how it shows if you are busy playing a specific game or not).
It isn’t full chat functionality, but it is a step in the right direction – especially considering the popularity of the VoIP program.
Here’s how to link the app:
From Xbox One
Open the Account Settings menu on Xbox One, and select “Linked social accounts.” Here, you will see a new option for linking your Discord account. Once you receive your unique code from Xbox, open the Discord app and insert the code within the Connections tab.
From the Discord app on PC or on a mobile device, in the coming weeks you will see an option to link your Xbox account with your Discord account through the Connections tab under User Settings. Click on the Xbox Live option and sign in to your account. After enabling permission, your accounts will be linked.
The functionality will first be available via the Xbox insider program before it launches mainstream ‘soon’.
- Xbox One May Update Lands Today
- In the wake of full cross-play, you’ll soon be able to merge Fortnite accounts
- How To Check If Your Twitter Account Has Been Hacked
- Fortnite Battle Royale iOS Sign-Ups Now Open; Here is How to Get Invited
- Free games: Grab a code to unlock strategy battler Minion Masters on Discord!