Armed with her sword, Layla can protect her friends in Genshin Impact. Still, you’d want to use decent equipment on her to maximize her use in battle. Here’s our Genshin Impact Layla best weapons and artifacts guide to help you decide on her ideal gear pieces.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide for Layla’s talents and team comps.
Genshin Impact Layla best weapons and artifacts guide
Layla’s best weapon options – Harbinger of Dawn and others
Key of Khaj-Nisut (HP%) or Primordial Jade Cutter (crit rate)
- The Key of Khaj-Nisut grants a whopping 66.2% HP when fully leveled. This is amazing for Layla since her shield absorption scales from her max HP. Unfortunately, its passive proc isn’t particularly useful, especially when you consider that Layla will likely be part of a permafreeze/Morgana comp.
- The Primordial Jade Cutter, meanwhile, boosts DPS nicely. It’s got a 20% HP increase by default, and additional ATK bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder’s max HP.
- The main downside with the above options is that these are 5-star armaments. Since Layla is a support character, these are wasted on her, as though you just spent a lot of money for minimal gains. They’re better off when equipped by powerhouse DPS characters.
Favonius Sword (energy recharge) – The Favonius Sword is okay for its energy recharge, as well as the particle generation when you land a critical hit. To be clear, Layla’s elemental skill does not generate a particle when it’s cast, so she might sometimes be starved for energy despite the low cost of her burst. This is somewhat offset by her C2, which directly gives her a particle whenever her shield shoots out Shooting Star projectiles.
Harbinger of Dawn (crit damage) – I would say that Harbinger of Dawn is the best weapon for Layla in Genshin Impact. It’s a 3-star weapon, so it’s relatively easy to acquire and max out. There’s little to no investment necessary and, as such, no risk on your part when getting a weapon for a 4-star support. Moreover, it grants a decent amount of crit damage, and it increases crit rate by a large amount as long as the character’s HP is above 90%. Layla’s shield can absorb a chunk, but you still need to be careful, as taking damage that brings you below 90% will remove the crit rate boost.
Layla’s best artifact options – Tenacity of the Millelith, Emblem of Severed Fate, or Noblesse Oblige
Tenacity of the Millelith
- Two-piece bonus – +20% HP.
- Four-piece bonus – +20% ATK and +30% shield strength for party members when an elemental skill is used. The effect lasts three seconds and can be triggered once every 0.5 seconds. It can also be triggered even when the artifact set wearer isn’t on the field.
Emblem of Severed Fate
- 2-piece bonus – +20% energy recharge.
- 4-piece bonus – Increases the damage of your elemental burst by 25% of your energy recharge rate. You can gain a maximum of 75% bonus damage in this manner.
- 2-piece bonus – +20% elemental burst damage.
- 4-piece bonus – +20% ATK for all party members for 12 seconds after using an elemental burst.
The 4-piece Tenacity of the Millelith is the best artifact set for Layla in Genshin Impact, especially if you rely on her as a shieldbot. Alternatively, a 2-piece Tenacity plus a 2-piece EoSF is also viable. Last but not least, the 4-piece Noblesse set is great for gung-ho, all-out DPS for your squad. This would be better for high-end content once your Layla has stacked a ton of HP and has C1.
Artifact stat priorities
- Main stats: HP / HP / HP – It’s HP stacking all the way for your new Cryo shieldbot, aiming for 40k HP or higher.
- Sub-stats: HP% -> energy recharge (unless you have Layla’s C2) -> crit rate/damage.
- If Layla takes the place of Diona, then you probably won’t have a healer (unless Kokomi is your Hydro character). That means Layla’s sturdy shield is your only means of protection, and you still need to watch out for Corrosion or massive damage.
Genshin Impact is available via its official website. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.