Like any good strategy game, you’ll need a lot of resources to really thrive and progress in The DioField Chronicle. They say money makes the world go around, and that’s certainly true here as you’ll need a ton of Guld in order to buy weapons, magilumic orb upgrades, and more. With that in mind here are a few tips on how to make money in The DioField Chronicle.
How to Make Money Fast in The DioField Chronicle
Your primary way of making money is by completing missions, and the amount of money you get as a reward increases the further you get into the game.
If you’re looking to grind for a lot of money you’ll want to unlock the ability to play Practice Battles, which let you replay past missions. Luckily unlocking this feature is easy, as all you need to do is play through Chapter 1 until you complete the Coswell Volcano Expedition mission.
Now you can head to the map in the laboratory room and replay any past mission. With that in mind, however, it’s a good idea to advance through a few more chapters before you start grinding out missions, in order to get missions that reward more Guld.
But if you’re looking to grind at any time, here’s a list of the missions in each chapter that pay the most.
- Chapter 1: Central Knights’ Exercises
- Chapter 2: Secure the Supply Route
- Chapter 3: Yewdean Forest
- Chapter 4: Feeding the Necromancer
- Chapter 5: The Ultimate Ingredient
- Chapter 6: A Proper Mercenary
- Chapter 7: Kelling Peninsula
As a quick note, whenever you buy a weapon you can simply sell the previous weapon that character had equipped, as there’s no use for old weapons. It won’t pay much, but it’ll help you recoup a little bit of Guld.
How to Boost the Money You Make
You can actually boost the amount of money you make from each mission, which should obviously be a priority, but it’s going to take a while.
You have an overall unit rank that raises as you complete missions, but the for the purposes of making Guld you need to raise your Shop Rank and Weapon Development Rank.
This is done by completing sub quests that pop up in chapters, and in the case of the Weapon Development Rank, you’ll actually need to invest Guld in order to raise it. Below you can see what you need to do to raise each rank.
- Rank 1 (Unlocks new items in shop) — Complete Coin for Comrades sub-quest in Chapter 1.
- Rank 2 (Increases Guld earned on mission by 5%) — Complete Experience Over Training sub-quest in Chapter 2.
- Rank 3 (Unlocks new items in shop) — Complete Business is Booming sub quest in Chapter 3.
- Rank 4 (Increases Guld earned on missions by 5%) — Complete An Unexpected Opportunity sub-quest in Chapter 4.
- Rank 5 (Unlocks new items in shop) — Complete Trust Earned Through Action sub-quest in Chapter 5.
Weapon Development Rank
- Rank 1 (Increases Guld earned on missions by 5%) — Unlocks automatically during Chapter 2.
- Rank 2 (Unlocks new weapon developments) — Complete Keeping Up Weapon Maintenance sub-quest in Chapter 2.
- Rank 3 (Increases Guld earned on missions by 5%) — Complete A Honed Weapon’s a Happy Weapon sub-quest in Chapter 3.
- Rank 4 (Unlocks new weapon developments) — Complete WEapons, Profits, and Merchants sub-quest in Chapter 4.
- Rank 5 (Unlocks new weapon developments) — Complete Weapons Fit for a Fox sub-quest in Chapter 5.
Now you should have a better idea of how to earn guld. For even more tips and help, make sure to check out our DioField Chronicle guides hub.