Throughout your early time in Alfheim, which comes during the Groa’s Secret quest in God of War: Ragnarok, you’ll hear Atreus remark on being able to hear an animal in distress somewhere nearby. After completing The Temple of Light, you’ll have the opportunity to explore beyond The Strond, taking The Canyons to The Barrens, an area engulfed in a fierce sandstorm. To clear The Barrens, you’ll need to first visit The Below.
It’s likely that you’re already on the path there if you spoke to Sindri in The Canyons and picked up the Secret of the Sands Favor. Simply track the side quest and head to the marker to descend into the depths.
There are only three collectibles to find here, though they are well worth seeking out. Here’s what you can expect to pick up:
- x1 Lore Rune
- x1 Nornir Chest
- x1 Legendary Chest
Collectibles Locations in The Below of Alfheim
Lore Rune (Patience)
After the first Dark Elf barrier in The Below, near the entrance to the area, go through the short tunnel into the caves. Turn left, and you’ll see an archway ahead, with Twilight Stone to the right and left, as well as another archway to the right.
Climb up the wall between the archways, then turn right twice. Destroy the three nodes of the Dark Elf barrier, then drop down twice. Grab the red chest ahead, and turn right for the Runes on the wall.
- Reward: Idunn Apple Health Increase
From the Lore Runes, turn around and climb up to the ledge you stood on to destroy the three nodes. Go left, and climb up the much taller ledge to go back outside. Use the zipline. Go right once on the other side, and use the grapple points to go straight across.
Drop down to the right, and turn right to use the Twilight Stone to destroy the three red barrier nodes. From here, turn left to see the Nornir Chest; open the nearby gate.
- Rune Bell 1: While two bells are near the chest and easy to find, this one is a bit more involved and is the first that should be rung. Go back up to the grapple points, and use them to go through the gap where the red nodes were. Grapple right, then climb the wall up and right. Jump to a platform to the right, then drop down. You’ll see the Rune Bell suspended in the window above; open the gate to the right first.
- Rune Bell 2: To the left of the Nornir Chest.
- Rune Bell 3: On the left side of the chamber through the gate by the Nornir Chest.
- Reward: Shoulder Straps of Radiance.
After freeing Hafgufa and getting the silver trophy for the task, take the path that opens on the right side of the area. Follow it, and climb up near the red chest. Go through the tunnel, then use the Blades of Chaos to bust through the ceiling at the end. The Chest will be on the left side of the room.
Those are all of the collectibles in The Below region of Alfheim. For more, consider heading over to our God of War: Ragnarok guides page.